Responsible for all aspects of the area’s property-based systems including decisions, implementations, and support across multiple units and/or brands. Directly manages senior market IT managers, market IT managers and/or may provide work direction for IT technicians. Has accountability for all hardware, software and communications support for an assigned area or areas. Coordinates installations, troubleshooting and maintenance efforts with various technology representatives (regional director of IT field services, regional shared services team, Marriott HQ IT departments, support providers and vendors). Provides leadership in daily support needs of properties participating in the Shared Service contract. Provides 2nd level support and establishes/participates in appropriate coverage for support of systems 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Has working knowledge of the most sophisticated technology equipment and/or processes.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience. Additionally, 5-7 years’ experience in like position.
• Previous experience in Americas IT or Marriott IT Support desirable.
• System-related professional certifications desired.
• Hotel operations experience and demonstrated hospitality management skills
• Experienced in network hardware, desktop, peripherals, protocols, communications, operating systems and connectivity to Marriott internal applications
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Projects and Policies
• Coordinates and implements communications for all new applications/system installations and problem resolution.
• Supports and assists in corporate man-dated initiatives.
• Provides project support for new roll-outs/implementations. May lead a project team.
• Responsible for hotel compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Is authorized to take action to address deficiencies. Determines solutions and implements per cluster SOP.
• Confirms that periodic inventories of applications and hardware are conducted and the results are reported to property management.
• Manages and participates in a 24x7x 365 (pager/cell phone) coverage or schedule rotations.
• Confirms compliance with technology-related vendor contracts.
• Provides detailed status reports as requested.
Meeting Technology Needs
• Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technology/asset life-cycles. Confirms that properties are properly equipped in terms of PCs, hardware, servers, etc.
• Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s) performance problems
• Certifies software applications for use at Marriott properties
• Creates and confirms the implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans as they relate to technology.
• Confirms that properties are securing and maintaining technology assets accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
• Uses advanced knowledge in the areas of data communications, desktop support, servers/networks and solves 2nd level support issues.
• Trains and develops junior staff.
• Confirms the availability of current documentation for cabling, network systems, and applications exist.
• Reviews networks’ performance and performs design/re-design as needed to meet property needs.
Forecasting and Complying with Financial Parameters
• Confirms that property management has realistically budgeted CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and hotel support/needs requirements.
• Assists management in achieving technology-related goals while considering financial constraints and dynamics.
• Reviews operating statements; researches and resolves discrepancies in technology charges.
• Advises and confirms that property management has adequately addressed technology needs in short- and long-term planning.
• Reviews vendor proposals and selects appropriate vendor for local technologies/hardware.
• Communicates IT standards and best practices.
• Presents proposals, analyses, projects, cost-models, etc. in written and/or oral formats.
• Is viewed as a credible leader by subordinates, peers, and senior management.
• Provides customer service.
Supporting On-Property Projects and Global Initiatives
• Provides IT expertise and knowledge on projects impacting assigned properties. May lead a small project team.
• Reviews solutions and processes developed by vendors engaged on the project.
• Supports communications for all new applications/system installations and problem resolution.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Manages cluster system managers and technicians. Provides work direction to property--based systems technicians and managers.
• Hires, trains, develops direct reports and team members. Evaluates compensation and conducts performance reviews for the team. Provides input and guidance to property management for their systems managers/technicians (hiring, performance, development needs).
• Oversees coverage models and scheduling of team to confirm adequate cluster technology support.
Next Gen Cyber, LLC is a Cybersecurity Workforce Development Company dedicated to building the next generation of cybersecurity professionals. As part of our mission, we work closely with job seekers and employers to fill open positions requiring qualified cybersecurity talent. Partner with us as we strive to bridge the cyber talent gap.